Log in

No account? Create an account
entries people I read calendar profile ~*Crushed*Glass*~ Previous Previous Next Next

new phone, lj app to go with it! I am pleased. you may hear more out of me now.

Posted via LiveJournal app for Android.

Current Location: Saginaw, Delaware St,

Leave a comment
renal failure (?), causing anemia

bun 179 (normal < 30)
creatinene 8.9 (normal 1 or 2)

white cells slightly elev
red cells slightly decreased
hermatocrit slightly decreased

He's being treated with subQ fluids & antibiotics, since the elevated white count suggests an infection somewhere. Waiting to get results for the genetic test for polycystic kidney disease. Trying to keep him eating and get him feeling better.

Hoping for a kitty miracle.

All good vibes, thoughts, and well wishes appreciated.


1 comment ~*~ Leave a comment
It hasn't been very much, but he has eaten! He had some more tuna, and he licked some gravy off of some fancy feast. And he ate about 1/3 of a can of some sort of ground chicken gooshy food. It's something fancy I got from petsmart when I was trying to get BartholoMEW to eat something in his last days. I will probably look into getting more. I don't remember how expensive it was. It doesn't smell gross like most gooshy food.


Leave a comment
Last night, he almost licked some tuna. Which doesn't seem like much, but it was the most interest he has shown in a plate in front of him since Wednesday morning.

Today he was seeming a little feistier. He meowed on the way to and from the vet. And tried to jump down from the table when he was getting his fluids.

He didn't fight me as much on the formula, which was good. So I think he got a little more than he has been.

Then I went to work and came home to find that he had dumped over his water bowl and made a big mess, AND, he ate a tiny bit of tuna! And then, he ate a tiny bit more! I gave him a little formula after he nibbled at the tuna for a bit. But then I accidentally made him make a little pain mew when I touched his fluid pocket. Maybe it's a little sore.

He goes back for more fluids in the morning.


Leave a comment
I tried to get cheek swabs to send off to the lab for the Polycystic Kidney Disease test, but he doesn't have much saliva right now and all I got was a little blood. It was too late to get it to the post office today anyway, I suppose. So hopefully better luck tomorrow with it. I gave him a little water. Then he threw up. Which seemed to open his poke wound on his neck from where the doctor tried to get blood earlier and so he dripped some blood. My poor baby. :(


Leave a comment
I thought he had worms. He's lost some weight, and someone threw up a worm on my bed a while back. So I kinda figured they all had worms. But he has gotten thinner and thinner and so Wednesday, I gave him some worm medicine and then watched him to make sure there would be no reaction or anything. It was then that I noticed that he didn't really eat anything that day and didn't really drink. And he seemed pretty dehydrated. So I forced some water down him with a syringe and confined him to the pink bathroom.

Took him to the vet yesterday. She gave him subcutaneous fluids. Had a hard time feeling his kidneys. She could only feel one of them and said it felt weird. Small, lumpy.

Took him back today for more. She tried to draw blood but he doesn't have enough blood pressure. So more fluids today, more scheduled for tomorrow. She was able to feel his kidneys today, they both feel small and lumpy.

She mentioned that Polycystic Kidney Disease was a possibility. The blood work will tell us more, as would probably xray/ultrasound.

He's still not eating or drinking. So I'm forcing formula and watered down baby food with a syringe. He's not too into it. But he needs it!

I'm worried about my baby. :(

Send good vibes his way.

It looks like (from my official google research) there may be a genetic test available using a cheek swab to determine if it's PKD.


Leave a comment
I'm feeling so sad right now. And I'm stuck trying not to get all weepy at work.

He just declined so much in the last day. And I figured I would have to make plans to have him euthanized later today. I even left messages with the vet. But I couldn't skip work and I hated having to leave him so much. I just wanted to be there with him scratching his head and neck. He liked having me there and I hate that he had to be alone at the end.

I had a friend go check on him and he told me that he was gone. That he was stretched out and his eyes were closed, as though he fell asleep and didn't wake up.

I know that I gave him a better last 5 months than he would have had otherwise. He wouldn't have had *any* more time otherwise... But I feel so guilty that I didn't do more. Didn't do a better job. Didn't spend more time with him when I *was* home. :(


3 comments ~*~ Leave a comment
I'm worried about BartholoMEW. He hasn't been eating much. He hasn't
even seemed very interested. I gave him some tuna last night and he
barely even touched it! And, unlike usual, he hasn't been meeting me
at the sliding door with his mournful sounding waaooows! I think it
has only been a few days. I hope so. I'd hate to have him feeling
unwell and me not noticing because I'm so busy working that I'm not
around more than a few minutes here and there.

I will probably need to get him in to see the vet. He tries to drink
but takes a few swallows at a time and starts making that weird throat
noise he was making back when I first got him. I wondered then if that
was something to do with how thin and underweight he was because when
he started to fill out a little more and get stronger, that stopped.
He does seem thinner again. Poor kitty! :(
1 comment ~*~ Leave a comment
Today is the day I start to bleed! Woo hoo. :/

So I feel gross and unpleasant. Though less pained than I did before I gobbled down that 600mg ibuprofin. That helped a great deal. I still have pain, but it's more bearable. I suppose I should try starting the day for real then. I've had my coffee. I've fed the cats, scooped the litter boxes, and emptied the dehumidifier. The house is still a mess. But it's overwhelming. There are so many things that need to get done that I get discouraged and don't end up doing any of it.

Went to see Captain America last night. I was all excited when I heard a wilhelm scream.

It's hot today.
Leave a comment
Seriously, I had some idea of what I was going to write, but then my grandma called and I talked to her for a while. By the time we got off the phone, I forgot whatever it was.

I'm between my second and third iced coffees for the day. After that, perhaps I ought to try making some iced tea. Switch it up and lessen the caffeine a little. How is Chai iced? Seems like it would be good. I think I'll give that a shot. At worst, I'll hate it and not do it again.

Had book club last night but I don't know if any of us finished the book. I didn't even start it. But we had dinner and socialization and that's always good! And thanks to Heather, I have some things to wear to the new job! Yay, Heather! :D

Kittenface just knocked a bunch of stuff off of my desk. This is a sign that she is naughty, and that I need to clean the desk.

I should go start my tea so it can start cooling. Double strength? So that ice and cream don't dilute it too much? That sounds about right. Can you make tea in cold water? I suppose that probably wouldn't work too well.
Leave a comment
Today I remembered that the sunroom has a small wall-mounted AC unit. Poor old broken kitty was miserable looking so I shut up the sun room and turned it on. Now I'm hanging out with him as the room slowly makes its way toward a comfortableish temperature. Sometime today, I need to go the store for cat food. And to another store to get root beer for my gma.

Ugh. Just got off the phone with person interviewing me about food assistance. I answered her questions truthfully. Not expecting to get any help. They want me to account for all the money that got my bills paid last month. Notes from family/friends and estimates on how much they gave me. Easier said than done, since sometimes people just pay for things. Putting gas in my car, buying me something at the store. I don't really know how I got everything paid this month. It was hard and some of it wasn't on time. And I have no way of paying anything next month. So it's hard to report income when I don't have anything steady or guaranteed.

I'll try but I don't have high expectations here. Especially since they asked me about checking and savings accounts. I knew right then it was probably a no go. I was told they didn't check. I figured they would.
5 comments ~*~ Leave a comment
I held out as long as I could but I've retreated to the TV room and its AC. I'm going to catch up on some hulu and maybe read a bit. And it will be delightful. I'll try not to stay up too late because I'm aiming to get up before it gets unbearably hot tomorrow and maybe run a few errands.

Today I was up for my meeting at the chamber and it wasn't that bad. Of course, even by the time I got out, it was already starting to warm up.

Otherwise, I didn't do much today. Processed a few photos when I went to Mike's for lunch, blogged a bit, caught up on kitty blog reading.

I'm going to step out of my cool comfort in a minute to take the punkass kitten to the litter box and clean them.
Leave a comment

pretty sky, originally uploaded by angelle321.

1 comment ~*~ Leave a comment
She's purring and knocking things off of my desk. Little punkass.

I did some photo backups today. Processed a few photos. I hadn't done that in a while. On the phone with my grandma right now. She's telling me all the woes of her world, which make me feel just awful.

I think something bit my thumb. I'm all itchy now.

Time for some pictures! below the cut...Collapse )
2 comments ~*~ Leave a comment
I don't know if I've ever vlogged. What a stupid word. For some reason blog does not bother me but vlog does.

Anyway so here's that.

And let's see. What else. I'm going to see Harry Potter so that will be a not sucky thing.

Today is Cow Appreciation Day but I didn't get to appreciate any cows so far. I wasn't sure where to find some that wouldn't require me driving a long long way. I know there are cows around. But it would help if I knew a specific road to take. Then I could go, appreciate some cows, photograph them, and come home. All with minimal fuel use.

My family reunion is tomorrow but I don't see how I'm going to manage to get there. It's in Crump which is a ways away and I have less than 1/4 of a tank. Boooo.
4 comments ~*~ Leave a comment
My headache was gone when I woke up this morning. Yay! And I'm making sure to drink plenty of coffee just in case that was an/the issue.

Mikale is still sleeping. I don't know how late he stayed up reading. I went to bed around 1-1:30 and he was still awake. I got up around 10:30 and he's been sleeping the day away so far. I won't stop him. He can't drive me nuts if he's unconscious! :P

I have a Chamber event tonight. It's only 2 hours, I doubt I'll make it that long. I'm going to this one by myself and I'm not so good at networking. So I don't know if I'll talk to anyone or just stand there awkwardly by myself. Guess we'll see!
Leave a comment
Today I was working on a couple photos and then I was going to do something else, and my external drive stopped cooperating. This sucks. It's my working drive. So I use it when I go to Mike's to work on stuff and usually, eventually, back up whatever work I've done to another drive. Obviously I didn't yet back up what I was doing today.


I had a couple things to order for a client and that was what I got done today. But now it's going to need to be redone. Thank FSM I had all of my major work backed up! The only things lost were 4 kitty pictures I did today that I did really minor, easy to recreate, edits to. Now I just have to figure out how to purchase a new working drive when I can't even figure out how to pay all of my bills this month. I still need $874 and the next things are due on the 19th.

Got up this morning for my sales lead meeting at the chamber. Took a nap this afternoon. Then I got up and drank coffee. I don't see sleeping happening tonight at all. Bad idea, me.
Leave a comment
I don't think I'm all that exciting most of the time. On these hot hot days, I'm even worse.

I watched a lot of Law & Order SVU today. Now I'm home in front of a fan. Aaaand.... that's it. Seriously.

I didn't sleep well last night. I was restless and my joints were kinda hurty. Around 4, I got up, stretched a bit, fed the kitties, took some ibuprofin, and went back to bed. I fell back asleep but it wasn't easy. I don't know what my deal was.
Leave a comment
My babies are 4 today! The only icon I have with both of them together is a Christmas one. So I'm using it even though it's totally out of season. Whatever.

Go look at Muffin & Biscuit pictures. I'll wait. http://www.flickr.com/photos/angelle321/sets/72157601529164412/

It's crazy how far they've come and how much time has passed. Usually I'd have a pretty good sized kitty birthday party (yes, I know that's weird) but this year things are so different and broken. I'm not going to let the day go by unnoted. But it might just be me and the kitties celebrating.

Last night I set up my table at the free concert. I talked to a number of people and gave out some business cards. Hopefully something will come of it! He said I could set up at the next one too, if I need to. It's in a couple weeks. I may just do that.
Leave a comment
I ran out of one of my allergy meds a couple days ago (just got more today, yay!) and I'm so itchy today! My skin itches, my throat itches, I'm mucusy, coughing, runny nose. Ugh!

Tonight, I'm setting up a table at this free concert. This is thanks to a dude in my chamber sales lead group. Hopefully it will help me meet some people and drum up some business! Can't hurt, anyway!

I need to eat. I have hot dogs. And strawberries. I don't think I'll be eating them together together.

I don't remember if I had anything new to report or not from yesterday. No? We'll go with no.
Leave a comment
Up at 7 today for my interview. I don't know how second interviews are supposed to go. It was super short. But maybe that means that I'm a fast interviewer. I hope it doesn't mean that I fucked it up somehow. I'm going to choose to believe that it's because I'm efficient.

It looks like it's going to be part time rather than full. Boooo to that. But I think it could potentially grow into full time. Or at least full time hours. Which would be fine. But that's if I get it. And I won't find out for a bit. Within the next couple weeks. Cross your fingers for me!

I don't know if my ants are gone or not. There are definitely fewer today than there were yesterday. So that's good at least!

I'm sure I'll drink way too much coffee today. I've been doing that. Easy to do that when it's iced.
Leave a comment
Today so far:

Took BartholoMEW to his kitty doctor appointment. He has lost weight. But he hasn't been eating as much this week. I'm thinking it's the heat. I hope it's the heat. Most of my kitty blogging is going on the kitty blog. Let me know if you want the link.

Went to Dollar General and bought a second litter box for BartholoMEW, some ice cube trays, ant killer that I haven't decided to use yet, and mustard.

Right now I'm waiting for laundry that I had to do because the awful kitten peed in my laundry hamper. And I'm drinking iced coffee. I might try to flip some video of some sort for my angelle321 account. I've been doing all sorts of videos on the other account.

My computer is hot.
Leave a comment
06/12/11 kitten rescued from window well

06/12/11 kitten rescued from window well

06/12/11 kitten rescued from window well

06/12/11 kitten rescued from window well

06/12/11 old broken kitty
I took this from inside the house, looking out through the door. You can see how I have the little bit of garage sectioned off for him.

06/12/11 old broken kitty
There's his splinted, bandaged foot!

06/12/11 old broken kitty

06/12/11 old broken kitty
You can see the cloudiness of his eyes here.

06/12/11 old broken kitty
He gets gooshy food stuck to his nose when he eats.

06/12/11 old broken kitty
Here he is laying more like a cat for the first time. It really pleased me to see this because it was some visible progress.

These pictures don't do justice to just how horrible he looked though. Even now, he doesn't look better so much as he looks less bad. But definitely, noticeably less bad.

Tags: ,

1 comment ~*~ Leave a comment
I'm going to copy/paste a couple emails, then update on today.

Ok, no, I lied. One email.

But first, the back story that I thought was covered in the email that doesn't exist.

On Saturday, Mike texted me around 11-something to say that he had found a cat with a broken leg that was just bones. Would drink water, but he had no food to offer except Patch's kibble, which of course he didn't eat. We went back and forth for a bit and I was a little annoyed with him because I wasn't sure why he texted me if he didn't intend to help. Did he just want me to feel terrible? He figured the kitty would need to be put down or would need tons of money in vet tests and such. But I, of course, as usual, was not willing to just write it off that easily, especially without even seeing him. So Mike was going to finish his walk with the dog and then I'd meet him at his house and we'd go look for the cat. Much easier to do without the dog with us and with a kitty carrier.

On his way home, he texted me that he found a tiny kitten stuck in a window well of an office building. Again, had to wait until he got the dog home to do anything about it. So I met him at his house, and we went to get the kitten first. He was just planning to take it out and let it go. But I was like what?? This is just a baby! She's only about 7 weeks old and the building is on a super busy street. What a terrible idea! So we took the kitten with us and went looking for the cat.

He had moved from where Mike had seen him last. Dragged himself from the front yard to the back yard (I believe he was looking for water) next to an overturned, dented in kiddy pool with just a couple puddles of water in the dents. He was the most pitiful sight I think I've ever seen. Truly looked and felt like just fur and bones. And dragging the one foot, so it was all scraped on the top. I felt so so bad for him. I really believed I'd be taking him to the vet the next day to be euthanized. My vet has Sunday hours, fortunately, so I didn't have to wait too long to get him in. In the meantime, I decided to take him home and at least try to make him as comfortable as possible. So I sectioned off a part of the garage with assorted boxes. I figured in his state, he wasn't likely to try to escape even such a low barrier. And Pat brought me a low cardboard box with some litter in it. Some sort of recycled newspaper kind.

I gave him gooshy food and water and he ate and drank and ate and drank and ate and drank. He got up to use the litter box on his own but couldn't always get back out again so I'd come out to find him just laying in it. This was when I decided that I really like that litter. It doesn't stick to him. And it didn't get into his foot scrapes. I put down lots of fleece scraps and cardboard so he was pretty much always on something fairly soft. By the time I took him to the vet the next morning, his foot scrapes had already started to heal.

And that takes about to the email I sent yesterday:

Yesterday morning, first thing, I called Dr. Winter (yay for her having Sunday office hours!) and asked her if she could see the kitties. Little girl has her infected eye, and the old broken kitty is, of course, old and broken.

So I got the kitten out to the car first. I put her in a big shoe box with a lid (there are holes for air!) because I needed the carrier for the big kitty. Then I opened the back car door so I could bring the big kitty out. Then I went in the house for 2, maybe 3 minutes. Came back out and started cursing myself because the baby kitty had vanished totally. I looked all over the car probably 4 or 5 times, walked around all the neighbors' yards. Nothing. She was just gone. After about a half hour had passed, I deicded I really needed to get the big kitty to his appointment. I figured afterward I'd resume my search. I felt like such a terrible kitty mama! What a stupid thing to do!

Old broken kitty's vet visit went pretty well. The foot he had been dragging is all shattered. She was able to just smush the foot. Ugh. Poor kitty! But since I had put down a bunch of soft stuff for him to move around on, the scrapes were starting to dry up and heal. She splinted and bandaged the foot. Gave him a fe-leuk test (negative! yay!) and tested his blood sugar (levels normal, probably not diabetic - yay!) She also gave me some antibiotic ointment for the kitten's eye in the event that I found her. She wrote me a prescription for amoxicilin because it's cheaper to get it from the regular pharmacy than it would be for her to get and sell it. I was able to get it for free. A few of our local pharmacies have certain meds available for a really reduced rate or free, including amoxidrops. So he gets a ml twice a day. He's not too keen on that but isn't really able to fight me too much on it yet. He just puts up one paw to try to push my hand away. Awww. Poor kitty!

So then I came home and got him re-situated in his garage area. Mike came over after his walk to join me and we looked for the kitten. I also got the help of one of my neighbors and she was tromping around in people's yards with me looking around and under trees and bushes. Then Mike texted me to say he found her!

In my car.

She had crawled far far up underneath the dash. I didn't even know there was an opening down by the pedals. But there is apparently. And a kitten can fit in there. So the neighbor girl contorted herself to lay on the driver side floor on her back with her arm up under the dash and cat food smeared on her finger until the kitten came close enough and she dragged her out. What a relief! I was so certain I had lost her!

She's back in the bathroom now but I'm going to get her out in a minute to snuggle her for a while. The old kitty has been getting most of the attention. He's mostly being referred to as old broken kitty but when I talk to him I call him Buddy. As in "how you doing there Buddy?" "Oh, no Buddy don't lay in the litter box!" and "Are you hungry Buddy? I have some food for you!"

He's such a sweetie and I hope I can find him someone lovely who wants to give him lots of love and a good home. But for now he's staying with me so I can do my best to nurse him back to health.

I hope his foot heals. It's pretty much either it heals, or it has to come off. So I'm hoping those bones find a way to knit themselves back together.


Yesterday he was a little stronger. He hadn't pooped since that first night/early morning. I was worried about that. He seemed uncomfortable and tried to go but nothing came out. A couple times, he had escaped his barrier and I had to carry him back to his bed. This morning, I found that the one time he escaped yesterday he must have pooped a little because I found some dry looking poop bits near the garage door. I still took him in to see the vet this morning because it was after he must have done that that he seemed to be struggling and uncomfortable.

She said he seemed to be find and she couldn't feel signs of constipation. So things may be moving slowly, but they are moving.

Also! He gained a pound already! She weighed him on Sunday and he was only 5.6 or 5.8 lbs. And with his frame, I would think he should be 11 or 12 lbs at least. But he's up to 6.8 today! And he keeps acting more like a cat. He lays more like a cat, kind of curled. Instead of like Saturday when he just lay there with all four legs out like a dead cat. And he's more alert. Still eating and drinking all the time. And today he licked himself a little! What a good cat-like thing to do!

I really hope he pulls though. What a fighter he is.


Leave a comment

Tweets copied by twittinesis.com

Leave a comment