~*Crushed*Glass*~ (crushedglass) wrote,

I don't even remember when I last posted for real

I have had a lot of stuff go on in the meantime, I know that much.

Let me go see where I was.

(... ..... ..... looking... .... ...)

Ok so it was my birthday and I was still all worried it wouldn't go well. Well I needn't have worried. The whole weekend was great actually.

That Friday that I took off of work was lovely. I slept in, shopped for and bought a couple new shirts, went out for dinner to Genji and I think maybe read a bit.

Then Saturday people came over for food, celebrating, and cake! Then Matt, Steve, Sarah and I went out to the Mixx and watched people sing karaoke surprisingly well. We went down the street to Retro Rocks for the last bit. There I drank my mistake shot and ended up throwing up in the bathroom at the Mixx when we went back to wait for Mary to pick us up. It was on purpose though so it wasn't nearly as unpleasant. And then I felt better, which was the idea. When we got home I ate tons of leftover Mexican food from dinner and it was *awesome*. Seriously perfect.

Sunday I don't really remember what I did. Recovered? I should look at my twitter updates to see.

(... ... looking... ... )

Hmm. No idea. no indication there. I wanted a nap though, apparently.

Then came Monday (March 23). Monday sucked big time. It was just a terrible day.

First I found out that I'm losing my job. I'm one of the people being layed off and my last day is May 29. I'm getting used to the idea and admit that I'm getting kind of excited. I'm more glad than ever that I started saving a couple years ago so I'd have something set aside in case this happened. You never know. So I'm going to really focus on my business for a while and see what I can do with it. Hopefully make it work.

Then later that day I had a haircut and highlights put in and that actually did not suck. My hair looks nice. But it was not enough to make up for the rest of the day.

Next I took Scruffy to his last vet appointment and I was planning to have them do the surgery and hope he made it. They did a blood test first to see if his liver/kidney function was better and he was worse than the last time he had had it done. He was too anemic. And they couldn't do the surgery. He was all out of other options so I had to have him put to sleep. I felt absolutely *awful*. Even though she said his health would continue to steadily decline and he would probably start to develop tumors and would probably not last another year... since he wasn't feeling bad yet, it felt so wrong. And made me very, very sad.

A few other things have happened since. I finished Stephanie's wedding photos, I booked a session with a HS senior, booked a family session, and read a lot of books.

And here we are now. I need to buy some shoes. Mary and Mikale will be coming over soon and we're going to go to Kohl's.

  • lazy Saturday

    On the whole, it was not a bad Saturday. I did have a touch of a migraine for a good portion of it, unfortunately. But on the good side, I slept in…

  • morning happens so early

    Today is going to be a very long work day. In fact, this week is going to be a very long work week! I have a lot of overtime to make up for because…

  • headachey saturday

    I woke up this morning with a headache. And nothing I wanted to throw at it seemed to help.  so that sucked. Because it meant that it stuck around…

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.