- Both weighed. Lady told me that the little one was .4 and the big one was .6 but she also tried to tell me that that was 4 oz and 6 oz. Google tells me that .4 pounds is 6.4 ounces and that .6 pounds is 9.6 ounces. This is more in line with their earlier-today weighing on the postal scale.
- Big one had temperature taken with hopes of getting a sample to check for parasites. It worked and he had none.
- When picking up the thermometer to do the same to the little one he fumbled it a bit but almost right on the table so neither of us realized that the tip broke off. He attempted to insert, the little one cried out pitifully, *then* I noticed the blobs of mercury next to doctor's arm. I stopped him said 'hold on what is *that*???' and then we figured it out. Little one had bleeding bum and I saw a tiny tiny blob of mercury just at the ring of her butt hole. So it was slightly more visible when she would strain and slightly less so when she relaxed. Doctor got a plastic thing with saline and she had an enema. The blob clung to the inserted part and when he pulled out the thing, the blob came with it. I hope that with the liquid poo leakage that followed was any other potential mercury and glass bits.
That scared the hell out of me.
- They have kaopectolin that will hopefully make them more solid and more regular.
- They have eaten and are now sleeping.
biggest scare yet
On the whole, it was not a bad Saturday. I did have a touch of a migraine for a good portion of it, unfortunately. But on the good side, I slept in…
Today is going to be a very long work day. In fact, this week is going to be a very long work week! I have a lot of overtime to make up for because…
I woke up this morning with a headache. And nothing I wanted to throw at it seemed to help. so that sucked. Because it meant that it stuck around…